It's wedding season y'all! Which also means it is Bachelorette season.
I spent the last weekend in Nashville for my best friend's bachelorette. As the Maid of Honor I was excited but anxious before the trip because I wanted to make sure everything was just right. Here are the things that went right:
1) Airbnb - We stayed in a place that was about 0.9 miles from Broadway and the downtown area. It allowed us to get a lower rate but was within a 5 minute Uber ride. It was great to save money on our accommodations so we could use it on fun.
2) Boot Country - Buy 1 pair of boots and get 2 free. I split it with two other girls and was able to get some cool new cowgirl boots for around $73 bucks.
3) Nashville Pedal Tavern- This was an awesome time. It was BYOB and you stopped off at other bars along the way. Our tour guide/bartender was fun and the overall experience was great. I highly recommend doing this at least once
The BEST part of Nashville was the live music in every bar. Most of them are located on Broadway and can get pretty crowded...
1) Honky Tonk Central - We hit this up during the day and had an awesome time dancing and singing to live music for a few hours. At night the line was out the door and it was packed to the brim!
2) Acme Feed and Seed - Great rooftop and view of the city. It is worth going up there for one drink which is what we did
3) Florida Georgia Line House (FGL House) - This was having it's soft opening the past weekend. While they are still working out some bathroom issues it will be fully open soon. I had an awesome time with live music downstairs and a club/rooftop atmosphere two floors up.
Lastly, I have to mention the food. You MUST have the BBQ. It was absolutely delicious. We did Jack's BBQ right off Broadway. As well, a Nashville staple is the Hot Chicken. There is Hattie B's Hot Chicken in Midtown which usually has a line out the door. We ended up driving to the one in West Nashville for a little shorter line. As well, we had dinner in the Gulch at City Fire. The cocktails were amazing and the food was delicious. My side of corn and bacon succotash was to die for.
Best Brunch Spot was Pinewood Social. The prices were very reasonable and it was a cool atmosphere. As well, there is a bowling alley and outdoor pool area. While we didn't use them they looked like cool attractions to check out! My seasonal latte with an almond/coconut milk blend tasted delicious and was visually pleasing.
I highly recommend checking out Nashville if you love country music and southern cooking. Just get ready to compete with the large crowd of other bachelorette and bachelor parties that will also be there!